Mentoring is recognised as a cost-effective and impactful way to prepare future business leaders. Don’t miss out on your opportunity to advance your career!
Mentoring is a voluntary developmental partnership, through which a person with relevant experience (the mentor) shares skills and experience to support someone else (the mentee) in achieving career objectives.
It is not “training”, but rather the construction of a trusting relationship that helps you navigate your working life.
Mentoring plays a critical role in the progression of women professionals in all sectors. The lack of mentoring, exclusion from networks, and absence of women role models are cited as key barriers to career advancement for women.
In the PWN Rome Mentoring Program, the emphasis is on professional development. Mentors are matched with mentees to support specific career or business-related goals. Mentoring relationships are sustained over a period of 6 months. Meetings take place monthly and – depending on the preferences of mentors and mentees – they can be in person or remotely.
Who will benefit?
Mentoring provides a huge benefit to the Mentee, the person who is being mentored, by obtaining a fresh perspective on their career status, aspirations & goals from their Mentor.
But did you know that mentoring also provides a significant benefit to the Mentor as well?
Many Mentors have commented that their contribution as a Mentor also provided themselves with a positive new way of looking at their own career path, as well as an incentive to reflect on where they themselves were going and how that aligned with their own aspirations & goals.
It’s really a “win-win” exchange between Mentee & Mentor.
PWN Rome Mentoring Program is reserved for members.
To participate in the program, renew your membership or join now!
CLICK HERE TO JOIN
What PWN Rome offers to their members?
PWN Rome provides an effective mentoring program organization to ensure that you get the most out of your mentoring experience. You can participate to a traditional 1-to-1 mentoring or to International Mentoring for the 2021 edition.
The Mentoring Program is:
Being in different organizations can offer a wider and unbiased perspective to participants. Not having hierarchical implications allows both mentors and mentees to be open and sincere.
1 TO 1 MENTORING with SPEED DATING
Our traditional 1 to 1 mentoring will be available for max 30 couples of members – we will accept up to 30 mentor candidates (taking into consideration PWN Rome membership seniority).
In order to facilitate both mentors and mentees with the best match, PWN Rome will organize a Speed Dating Event to offer the opportunity for mentors and mentees to meet before the final match is decided, to share motivations/goals/expectations and to provide a list of preferences regarding their mentoring partner.
During the Mentees Application Period, brief profiles of all the mentors will be available for mentees consultation on PWN Rome website.
After the Speed Dating Event, PWN Rome Mentoring Team will match the couples, taking into consideration membership seniority and the preferences of mentor/mentee matching. New applicants to the program will be favoured.
In the matching activity, we will recognize a priority to mentees who will have participated in Speed Dating Event (if you cannot attend, PWN Rome does not ensure matching).
Mentoring Program Director
2021 PWN ROME MENTORING PROGRAM – MORE INFORMATION
1. Mentors - with a regular and active membership for the current year - will candidate themselves online (mentor application form available on this page in March).
2. Mentees - with a regular and active membership for the current year - will apply to the program on line (mentee application form available on this page in April). You will find here the link to apply.
3. We will accept mentee candidacies for participation in the Speed Dating Event taking into consideration: mentors number and availability, timing in filling Mentee Application Form (first applying first matching) and PWN Rome membership seniority.
4. Selected mentors and potential mentees will participate and meet each other during the Speed Dating Event in May.
5. Both mentors and potential mentees will provide a feedback on their potential mentoring partners.
6. PWN Rome Mentoring team will finalize the match in 1-to-1 mentoring (taking into consideration individual preferences as much as possible).
The mentor/mentee meetings will take place in the period June-December.